Microballoons are ideal when you’re looking to make your part lighter, have it float in water, or you want to use significantly less resin. Microballoons add volume and buoyancy to your cast part.
- General formula for adding microballoons to Alumilite resins:
- 0-20% by volume – it will sink
- 25-30% by volume – it will be neutrally buoyant/suspended
- 50-100% by volume – it will float
- Disclaimer for lure-making: The design and inner through wires, size and weight of hooks, eyes, etc. may affect the buoyancy of the lure.
Prior to using product, please read all Technical Data, Safety Data, and Instruction sheets linked below.